Wednesday, March 31, 2010

FML

So this woman came to the café where I work today to order what we call a “frozen buckeye.” It’s like a frapuccino from Starbucks but with chocolate and peanut butter…delicious but incredibly fattening. Not to mention, it’s probably our most complicated drink (not that it’s hard to make but still). As I took her money at the register, she looked at me and said, “Oh my god, you look just like my niece.” Obviously, this made me uncomfortable and I stammered, “Oh really?” The woman continued, “Oh, yes, the eyes, the smile, everything, except,” and she paused. And here’s the real kicker, “She’s a very small frame, petite.”

Excuse me?!

So I was inadvertently called fat today. Maybe some girls wouldn’t take this so hard, but I was not amused. I smiled, of course, and continued to make her drink, but inwardly I was seething. I could kind of tell she was looking for the right words to say after she had already put her foot in her mouth, but the nerve of some people! Anyway, fortunately, I lost another two pounds from yesterday, so I currently stand at 147 lbs…need a lot of improvement clearly. Today, I have had a little bit of skim milk (less than half a cup, so 40 calories max?), some raw veggies (50 calories max), yellow mustard (0 calories), and half a small green apple (40 calories max)…bringing me to 130 calories at the most. Also, I had three diet pills, so I’m hoping all those calories will be sufficiently burned off. And tomorrow I have three 2hour classes, between which I will be drinking black coffee, water, and diet pop, before I drive home for Easter weekend. And I’m totally bringing home my scale under the guise of “comparing it with the scale at home” so my roommate doesn’t think I’m nuts.

Sorry for the rant…I’m bored at work and procrastinating my required reading for a poli sci class.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I'm sure she didn't mean it like that, but I would have taken it really hard too. I'm sure she regretted how it sounded though. Haha, yay awkward moments with the public...

    You ate great today! :) Hope tomorrow goes well for you,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete