Thursday, April 8, 2010

Normal Diets

My roommate is starting weight watchers. She's done it before, and she says she can be very motivated when she gets into it. It's funny some of the things she says that I just have to nod and smile and pretend to understand. For example, she mentioned how she knows people aren't supposed to weight themselves every day but more like once a week...say what?! And she said that she knows people don't lose a pound in a day but water weight makes you fluctuate, etc. etc. Uh-huh.

It's weird hearing someone who has a normal mindset and eating habits because that's when I notice how odd some of the things I do really are. I weigh myself at least once a day (usually more) because even water weight matters to me. And I have once lost 4 lbs in a day, leading ultimately to 10 lbs in a week...that was last week actually. Apparently, a lot of people think losing 5 or 10 lbs is good, but I won't be happy until I lose around 45 because that would put me under 100. My ultimate goal is to weight 99 lbs, after all. I'm not sure what it is about that number; there's something special and satisfying about double digits. Before summer, I would like my bmi to be less than 19 because that means "underweight." It's my dream. I will have to do a bit of research to find out that exact number and will let you know tomorrow...not that you really care haha

Also, I am starting a fast on April 11th that is supposed to last until May 1st, I believe. I've never done a fast longer than 4 days, so this will be very interesting. Of course, I have learned recently that drinking lots of water makes not eating much easier. If anyone would like to join, feel free to let me know! I'll give more information tomorrow, but I don't want to write another epically long post like mine yesterday...

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I care :) Let us know ^^
    Good luck with your fast-- that's a long time! You're super strong if you can accomplish that [:
    Take care,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete