Saturday, March 6, 2010

Just a Dream

I'm a slave. We're all slaves. Slaves to our mind, slaves to our body, and slaves to the world around us. Despite how much we say we have free will, there are so many outside forces that prevent us from ever truly being free.

Maybe some of us are weighed down by more chains than others. Perhaps we have simply not found the key to unlock our personal shackles.

Still I dare to dream of a day when I wake up without a ball and chain. It may be more than I can expect, but I already live in a world filled with dreams so how much can one more hurt?

I feign ignorance in an attempt to live a life without boundaries. I pretend not to care about what's going on around me. I pretend not to have feelings, not to have plans, not to have a future. But I think, and I feel, and I cry all the time...on the inside. I'm like the calm before the storm.

For now, all I can do is stretch the shackles as far as they'll allow and hope that one day I'll finally break free if it's not too much to ask. But after all, it's just a dream.

1 comment:

  1. This is very poetic!
    and I am the same, I pretend not to look hurt, and all that other stuff, but I push it all away. I want it to be gone, it's like I want my life to be perfect, and everything around me, the bad things to just disappear .

    ReplyDelete