Friday, January 15, 2010

Diets

I've been kind of bored with my eating of late, and I don't think I've been doing a good job.  I have been eating so much over the past few days.  Yesterday, I had a lean cuisine (160 cals) and then went to work out for 40 minutes.  That was fine, but then I had some spinach, which was probably around 100 calories.  I ended the day around 400 total after I included my vitamins and yogurt from earlier, but it's a ridiculous amount of food that I stuffed myself with.  And today was not any better, since I had about 400 calories AGAIN!  What is wrong with me?

I've been looking up various diets, and I want to do something fun.  Therefore, I have decided that I am starting the Rainbow Diet on Monday (Martin Luther King Day).  It is much less common than the ABC diet, so for anyone who doesn't know this one, I will spell it out for you:

Monday (white):
Breakfast:  1/2 apple (40.5 cals)
Lunch:  1/2 apple (40.5 cals)
Dinner:  1 cucumber (24 cals)
Total:  104 cals

Tuesday (yellow):
Breakfast:  1 banana (108.5 cals)
Lunch:  1 banana (108.5 cals)
Dinner:  1/2 cup of corn (66 cals)
Total:  283 cals

Wednesday (FAST)
Total:  0 cals

Thursday (orange):
Breakfast:  1/2 orange (31 cals)
Lunch:  1/2 orange (31 cals)
Dinner:  1 carrot (26 cals)
Total:  88 cals

Friday (red):
Breakfast:  1/2 cup strawberries (21.5 cals)
Lunch:  1/2 cup strawberries (21.5 cals)
Dinner:  1/2 red pepper (16 cals)
Total:  59 cals

Saturday (purple/blue):
Breakfast:  10 blueberries (8 cals)
Lunch:  10 blueberries (8 cals)
Dinner:  10 raspberries (24 cals)
Total:  40 cals

Sunday (green):
Breakfast:  1/2 cup of grapes (57 cals)
Lunch:  1/2 cup of grapes (57 cals)
Dinner:  1 cup of lettuce (7 cals)
Total:  121 cals

Weekly Total:  696 cals!

I think that this would be a great diet to shed some more pounds, especially since I want to go shopping next weekend.  I'll probably do the grocery shopping for the diet Sunday or Monday, and I will have lots of fresh fruits and vegetables left over for the next week.  Fortunately, those kinds of foods are not full of unwanted calories so I won't feel so bad if I eat a blueberry or two after the diet is over.  I have not made up my mind 100% yet, but I'm pretty sure that this is my next course of action.  If anyone wants to join me, let me know!  It would be great to have some company :)

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of that before, sounds good!
    Good luck with it :) x

    ReplyDelete