Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Brrr

It was so warm last week and now it's back below freezing...I will never understand Ohio weather. And thanks, Zwazzle, for your comment! I like to hear from people so I don't feel like I'm posting random things for nothing :)

The question of whether to show off my weight loss or not is kind of irrelevant now that it's so cold because I found myself wearing a million things today just to stay warm walking from class to class. But at least I know now that once the weather warms up a bit (hopefully next week???), I may as well dress in my skinnier clothes. You're right because what can people do at this point anyway? I'm not 100 lbs so I don't look unhealthy, and therefore, people have no cause to worry. The fact that I use extreme measures and plan on being very small is something that they would not know and do not need to know.

It's been a week since I started the ABC diet, and I'm still going strong. I was barely even able to eat 300 calories today, which is probably a good sign. Tomorrow is 400, and then Thursday is 500. It seems like so much now! I'm still going to try to make it that high just so I stick to the diet and replenish my body with some nutrients that I am probably highly lacking at this point. This coming weekend's calories are pretty low, especially since Friday is a fast day, so I'll have to try to get in some good quality protein. Sadly, I've only lost about 5 lbs or so since being on the diet, but it has only been a week after all. If I continue at the rate I'm going, then hopefully I will lose almost 10 lbs by the time I go home in a week and a half. Fortunately, as I have mentioned before, my mom won't question my methods. She'll merely be excited that I look so much better. And it's easy when I'm home to make up what I've eaten...or maybe I'll just lie, saying I have cramps from being on my period. Of course, I don't get a period but whatever. Details.

I know this is really personal, but sometimes I wonder about my lack of a monthly cycle. I've only had my period a few times in my life actually. I don't know if my irregular eating habits play a role or not, and I often wonder if I'm infertile because of it or something. Strangely enough, that doesn't bother me a whole lot...if I have no chance of getting pregnant, then that is extra weight that I will never be forced to gain. It sounds sad, but as a mere 20 year old, I can't really be expected to think that far in the future. I don't know what I'll want at that point in my life. Currently, I am only concerned with losing weight and attempting to break into the bleak job market...only succeeding on one of those accounts. But at least it's the thing that matters most to me!

By the way, the next week full of the ABC diet's caloric intake is as follows:
Day 8: 400 calories
Day 9: 500 calories
Day 10: FAST
Day 11: 150 calories
Day 12: 200 calories
Day 13: 400 calories
Day 14: 350 calories

That would make two weeks, and I'm definitely determined to beat that. Obviously, I'm determined to make it the full 50 days, but I'm trying to take things one day at a time. It's much easier that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment