Friday, January 29, 2010

Made it?

Phew! I'm getting ready for bed soon since I didn't sleep much last night and am so tired, but I think I made it through the day? I had 2 pieces of sugar free gum, and I was wondering if I still made it through the fast despite that. The principal reason for the gum chewing was due to my, ahem, poor breath. I've never had bad breath and forgive my dishing about personal information here, but I think that my body has definitely gone into ketosis. I've heard about how when you're body is lacking carbohydrates, it goes into ketosis, which in turn causes bad breath. So, for the sake of the people around me and my own comfort, I popped in a piece of gum when in public. The logical part of me tells me that it is perfectly reasonable to chew gum while fasting, especially since pretty much any human being would agree that gum is not really considered food. But the twisted side of me is also telling me how much of a failure I am and how fat I must be to feel the need to chew gum. Of course, it was only two pieces, which corresponds to about 5 to 10 calories...clearly I have problems.

Anyway, tomorrow I can eat 150 calories, and I went to the grocery store to get all kinds of goodies for my future eating allowances. My grocery list primarily consisted of pickles (lots of pickles actually), celery (Oh, crap! I just remembered now I forgot cucumbers!!!), diet pop, sugar free jello, lipton packet soups (only 45 to 50 calories), and some Smart Ones. Did you know that there's a Smart One that is only 140 calories? I think that's as good as you can get when it comes to frozen meals, but that's ideal for days when I can eat 200 or 300 calories, especially considering I tend to only eat once a day.

I realized today that I will be home next Friday for the weekend, and I'm starting to get nervous about the fast for next week. If I'm lucky, I can hide my lack of eating for dinner...at least I can lie about lunch since I won't get home until after that. My mom is proud of my weight loss, but she has no idea how I'm doing it. I guess I'll just have to play it by ear, but I don't want to break my plan because I couldn't come up with a creative lie. Normally, my parents would go out to dinner on Fridays, but unfortunately, my dad is going to be out of town. I'm just going to have to brain storm this week, so it's a good thing I have plenty of time for that. If anyone has any ideas, then please let me know! Normally, I wouldn't worry, but considering how much I've been complaining to her about my raging headaches/migraines, I don't know how easily I'll be let off the hook...no more complaining for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment